If you’re looking for a reliable portable grill, the Weber Q100 portable gas grill will make a great addition to your outdoor cooking arsenal.
- 189 sq. inches of cooking area
- A cast-aluminum lid and body with a glass-reinforced nylon frame
- The stainless-steel 8,500-BTU burner has push-button ignition and an adjustable burner valve
- The cooking grates, drip pan and weather resistant handle are all porcelain-enameled cast iron
- Measures compact 16 X 27 X 23½ inches with the lid open
- Comes with a five year limited warranty
All of which is great, but it doesn’t do this grill justice to only list it’s features. Let’s discuss the real meat of the matter (pardon the pun).
Despite it’s compact size, this grill cooks 6 half-pound burgers with plenty of room to turn and tend.
I’ll admit that I had some reservations about cooking steaks and chops. I feared that the small burner would be insufficient to properly sear the meat. What I actually found was that, due to the heat conductive iron-cast grate, 1½ inch thick portions seared perfectly after letting the grill “warm up” for about 10 minutes.
In fact, everything we’ve cooked on this little jewel has turned out great. Clean-up is a snap, so long as you remember to clean the grill when it’s still hot. Letting it cool first is really no problem, but, for some reason, when you clean it hot it just sparkles.
I suppose that’s one reason that it has 146 4&5 star reviews on Amazon.com
The bottom line: The Weber Q100 portable gas grill performs as well as it’s larger cousins at about 1/4 the price.